Posted on September 19, 2023 by dzarr al ghifari
Kedaluwarsa pada 6 June 2023
Position Title: Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Information System Officer (SMEISO)
Period of Assignment: 1 (one) year full-time, with possibility of extension contingent upon performance
Reporting to: Head of Monitoring Evaluation Research Learning and Adaptation (MERLA)
Summary of the Project:
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership Towards an Inclusive Society (INKLUSI) is a $75m, 5-year investment (2021-25) that will contribute to the broader development goal of No one is left behind – more marginalized people participate in and benefit from Indonesia’s socio-cultural-economic, and political development.
INKLUSI continues Australia’s support to Indonesia’s prosperity, building on advancements in the areas of gender equality and women’s empowerment, social inclusion, and civil society strengthening. This includes experience and lessons working in community-driven development, civil society programs, women’s empowerment, and inclusive development programs – most recently through MAMPU and Peduli. It also builds on decades of work by Indonesian CSOs and social movements, including the women’s movement to advance GEDSI.
INKLUSI supports the shared policy priorities of GoI and GoA. It is aligned with Pillar One of the Indonesia- Australia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership, and the associated Plan of Action, which commits to cooperation to “address poverty and inequality, promote women’s leadership and empowerment on disability-inclusive development; the Stability Pillar of the Australia-Indonesia COVID-19 Development Response Plan; and the Government of Indonesia (GoI) Medium-Term Development Plan (RPJMN IV 2020- 2024).
INKLUSI supports the RPJMN agenda of “enhancing the quality and competitiveness of human resources”, and specifically the RPJMN’s Gender Equality and Women Empowerment policy and its Social Inclusion policy direction. It also supports Indonesia’s commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the call to “Leave no one behind” in development, while responding to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the disproportionate socioeconomic impacts on women and communities experiencing marginalisation as well as the potential threats posed to civil society spaces.
Duty of Statement:
The Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Information System Officer (SMEISO) will work collaboratively and creatively as part of a dynamic team to ensure that planning, information, reporting, and learning within the INKLUSI program is based on a sound platform of information. S/he will build on her/his knowledge of technical database design and maintenance to shape how information is collected, stored, summarised, and presented to users for maximum impact.
The SMEISO will work under the direction of the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning, and Adaptation (MERLA) and with the support of the short-term Management Information System Specialist to further develop, refine and maintain a comprehensive and simple-to-use database for the INKLUSI program. S/he will collate and store information from a variety of sources to ensure the database remains current, retrieve information in response to requests for information and summarise data to ensure it meets the needs of information users.
The SMEISO will also lead the continued development and administration of INKLUSI’s Sharepoint, as an online platform and infrastructure for the INKLUSI team to communicate, collaborate and share documents.
The SMEISO will be responsible for:
- Developing, refining, and maintaining modules in the MIS to meet the program’s emerging monitoring, evaluation and learning needs. This includes the development of tools to collect, securely store, report and collate, visualise, and analyse monitoring and evaluation data from the program.
- Developing dashboards to display key monitoring, evaluation, and program operations data for internal and external audiences.
- Conducting analysis of program data sets to inform program learning and reporting.
Further developing and maintaining the program’s grant management and operations modules in the MIS. This includes proactively liaising with the program team to ensure key program information in the MIS is routinely updated.
- Developing and administering the program’s Sharepoint sites, to enable the INKLUSI team and partners can communicate, collaborate and share documents.
Building the capacity of program staff and partners to use relevant parts of the MIS.
Trouble-shooting emerging issues with the MIS, as well as proactively seeking and responding to feedback to improve the MIS.
- Supporting INKLUSI partners in their own MIS development, where appropriate and as agreed with INKLUSI leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar field
- Good understanding of Microsoft 365 as an online platform for the project and a good understanding of SharePoint management;
- Capacity to develop MIS with Oracle Apex with the support from an information management specialist or give continuous support to the database user – for simple troubleshooting;
Ability to develop dashboards and visualisations with Power BI or another relevant program such as Tableau;
- Experience developing management information systems and undertaking data analysis for monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Ability to communicate/explain database technical matters in simple language for users;
- Ability to develop a simple user guide for the platform and the MIS; and
- Ability to communicate effectively in Indonesian and English.
- Good team player and able to build effective working relationships
- Able to work with minimal supervision; and
- Innovative and willing to develop a new system/ improvement of existing system as required by the program.
How to Apply
Application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put “Application – Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Information System Officer” in the email subject
- The application deadline is 6 June 2023, 5 pm Jakarta Time
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion.